We’ve heard from a lot of people that search engine optimization (or SEO) is overwhelming because there’s so much to do. People have a hard time knowing just where to start on their website, and what exactly to do. So starting next week, we’re going to have a weekly series of blog posts that will take you, the reader, step by step from A to Z. The idea is that each week, you’ll have a small bite of “homework” that shouldn’t take you more than 15 minutes to do. In a theoretical month, you’ll have one hour or so of things to do on your website, that will get you found.
By breaking it into little bites, it’s less overwhelming, less complicated, and you can actually get results by taking the tiny steps you need to get there.
Search engine optimization is not a quick process. It’s not a process that you do once and walk away. It’s an ongoing process that you must feed and care for, and there are SO MANY ways to get listed beyond just “SEO”.
Some of the topics we’ll be covering in the next many weeks include:
- Fixing Your Website – Find out what Google actually sees on your website. 95% of the websites we look at (and we look at a LOT) need to be fixed in some way. We’re going to show you where you are, and what you need to look for to fix your site. Maybe you’ll need a little time with your web guy or gal, or maybe it’s something you can fix yourself.
- Why Keyword Research is SO Important – If you shoot in the dark, you may hit something. But you may not hit what you hoped for. So if you’re making up keywords, or want to be found for extremely competitive keywords, you’ve got to do the research to find out what people really want from you. Otherwise, you’re missing the boat. We’ll show you three free, easy tools you can use to help you.
- What Does Content Marketing Mean – Without content, your website will fail to perform. But you have to create the right types of content. Many people make big mistakes here, and we’ll show you how you can do it yourself, or get someone to help you with it.
- Paid Advertising – Yes, you can do paid advertising online that is really quite effective. We’ll show you the beginning steps, and take you through the fundamental mistakes most businesses make, which wastes money and wastes clicks (which cost money!) This is great to get campaigns online quickly and start generating traffic, especially for the holiday season.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – NOW we’re going to talk about the actual mechanics of “doing” SEO. If you’ve got all the rest of it correct, and you’ve been working on it, we can start to apply the SEO techniques that will help your site perform better and show up for many different keywords.
- Paid Advertising (Advanced) – We’ll take the topic we covered above and show you step-by-step how to make it perform even better. This will make your paid campaigns do better, and generate better results for you.
We’ve got a lot to cover in the next several months, so stay tuned for the first article next week. Take the steps we provide you and apply them to your site. It will help your search engine performance, and will start generating more traffic.
Comment below: What have you done to market your website online, and how well did it work?